How can we help you today?
How to Clear a Cache on a Windows Computer:
Clearing your Windows cache is a good way to troubleshoot issues in your system. Doing so can improve system performance and free up much-needed disk space.
IF You ar eusing a Mac computer we have you covered with this guide just for Mac’s.
Here’s how you can clear your cache in Windows 10.
How to Clear Temporary Cache Files with Disk Cleanup
- You can clear the temporary files cache by entering “Disk Cleanup” when you open up the Windows search bar. This can be located at the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Choose the Disk Cleanup app as it shows up on the search results.
- Once selected, the app will begin calculating the space that can be freed up on the operating system drive.
- You will now see the Disk Cleanup for OS (C:). From there, scroll down and then check the box next to “Temporary Files.” It is also possible to delete files from other drives and locations.
- After you have a selection to clear, click on the “Clean Up System Files” button next.
- Windows will once again calculate the amount of storage space that is going to be freed up. Once done, you can then select the files and locations that you would want to delete and then click on the “OK” button.
- You will get a warning prompting you to confirm if this is what you want. Click on the “Delete Files” button when ready. The Disk Cleanup app will now cleanse your system for unnecessary files, and the overall process can take several minutes to complete.
How to Clear DNS Cache
For those who wish to clear the DNS cache of their Windows 10 computer, what you can do is to open up your Command Prompt as an admin.
- Type “Command Prompt” from the Windows search bar located at the bottom-left corner of your desktop.
- The app will show up in the search results. Right-click on it and then choose “Run as Administrator” from its menu.
- Run the following command: ipconfig/flushDNS. You will then get a message to let you know that you have successfully flushed the DNS Resolver cache.
How to Clear Windows Store Cache
- In order to clear the Windows Store cache, you need to open “Run by pressing Windows plus the “R” key on your keyboard. The Run window will show up. Here, input the command “WSReset.exe” and then click on the OK button.
- Afterward, you should see a black window pop up. You won’t be doing anything here, simply just wait a few moments for the cache to be cleared.
- Once the window has closed, that means that the cache has been cleared. Windows Store will then launch, and you can close the app if you wish.
How to Clear Location Cache
- For you to clear the location cache, click the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner and then open the start menu. From there, choose the gear icon to open up the Windows settings.
- Once the Settings window pops up, scroll down and then choose the “Privacy” option.
- You will now be in the area where you can change Privacy settings. From the left-hand pane, choose “Location,” which you can find under the “App Permissions” area.
- From the next window, scroll down until you locate the “Location History” group. In here, select “Clear” below the “Clear Location History On This Device” heading.
“If you ever have any difficulty viewing changes on your website or logging into your accounts it might be computer cache related. We often ask clients to clear their cache, this is one of our most used problem solvers. Try it if you get stuck”.