How can we help you today?
How to Clear a Cache on a Mobile Device
How to Clear Your Cache On An iPhone (Safari)
It is possible to free up memory on your iPhone by clearing your browser cache in Safari. This is how you can do this:
- Head over to your iPhone’s “Settings” and then go over to your Safari browser.
- Scroll down and then tap on the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
- Tap again on the “Clear History and Data” selection.
- When you’re done, go back to “Settings” once again and select Safari.
- From the settings menu of your Safari browser, scroll to the bottom and tap “Advanced” and then “Website Data.” Finally, tap the “Remove All Website Data” selection and then “Remove Now” to finish.
These actions are going to clear your browser cache on your iPhone’s Safari browser. Keep in mind that this will also remove website data, cookies, and browsing history.
If you wish to keep any of these data, you should consider deleting cache from third-party apps instead.
How to Clear Your Cache On An iPhone (Third-Party Apps)
Besides Safari, it is also possible to clear cached data from other apps that you use, including native and third-party software. Basically, this action involves removing an app right away or clearing an app of its data and then reinstalling it.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” tap on “General” and then go to “iPhone Storage.”
- Scroll down until you arrive at the list of apps and then tap the one that you wish to clear.
- After selecting an app, tap the “Delete App” option and then tap “Delete App” again to confirm your choice.
- If you wish to reinstall the app and if you do not have the data to retrieve it, you can go to the App Store and get it back from there.
By following the process above, you can clear the data for as many apps as you want. Just make sure that you aren’t clearing the cache from applications that you actually prefer to keep.
How to Clear Cache On Your Android
- Open the “Settings” of your mobile device and then tap on the “Storage” heading to go to the page for its settings.
- Tap on the “Other Apps” selection to view a list of all installed apps.
- Locate the app that you want to clear the cache of and then select its listing.
- After tapping on it, you should see an option to “Clear cache.”
The next time you open up that specific app, it is going to download everything that it needs from the Internet. Keep in mind that clearing cached data does not remove information, such as logins or saved games.
If you wish to clear all of its storage, simply repeat the steps above, and select “Clear storage” during the final step. This action will delete all of the data from your app, including credentials, game progress, and more, so keep that in mind.
“If you ever have any difficulty viewing changes on your website from your mobile phone it might be browser or device cache related. We often ask clients to clear their cache, this is one of our most used problem solvers. Try it if you get stuck”.